The last of my five planned guitar build and modification projects covers the upgrade of a Westfield Mini Gibson Les Paul guitar I bought from U.K. eBay in January 2014. This lovely little 18.5″ scale, solid body instrument is an easily playable travel guitar for an adult or introductory electric guitar for a child. It sat unloved in its gig bag in my attic for around seven years and deserved to be improved to the best possible specification.
Amongst other minor cosmetic upgrades to gold hardware, the modified specification includes:
- Tonerider AC2 Alnico II PAF humbucker pickup AC2B-GD
- Gibson OEM strap buttons (brass)
- Gotoh Nashville GE103B-T Tune-o-Matic bridge with large posts
- Gibson style speed knobs (gold)
- Bourns PDB181-GTR01-504 potentiometers
- Optima Gold 2028M string set (0.011, 0.014, 0.018, 0.030, 0.038, 0.050)